Make keybindings work in non-Latin layout (as in NTEmacs)?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Make keybindings work in non-Latin layout (as in NTEmacs)?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:56:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

I'm using Emacs under Debian GNU/Linux system on a daily basis for a
couple of years already. Yesterday, I've tried NTEmacs, and I've
noticed that it solves the most annoying problem I'm having with my
Emacs all the time.

When I'm typing text in Russian, I wish that Emacs keybindings worked
without need to switch to English layout. For example, when I hit C-x
C-s, I wish it worked in both English and Russian layouts.

Is it possible to implement such a feature in GNU Emacs or it would
only work on w32, not on GNU system? One example of an application
that provides similar feature on GNU system is Mozilla Firefox (I
didn't see the code, but people say the solution is not very clean).

Thanks,
Andrey Paramonov