Re: page-at-a-time output for M-x shell

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: page-at-a-time output for M-x shell
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 12, 3:45 pm, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 12.07.2009 um 14:20 schrieb Francis Moreau:
>
> > I'd want to use a pager with 'M-x shell'
>
> Why? Is it so hard for you to understand that GNU Emacs is no
> terminal emulation?

Peter,

>From what I saw, your posts are usually helpful but here I must admit
that it's totaly pointeless and useless.

If you don't know or if emacs don't know, then simply say it, I can
certainly live with that.

Is Gnu Emacs a news reader ? a erc client ? ...
No, but guess what, some people wrote some nice package to extend
emacs functionnality and they work.

Oh some other people extend emacs to add shell functionality in
Emacs ! And why is it so hard to understand that a pager feature would
be nice in this package ?

Some other Emacs commands already do that, M-x shell get the output of
the command and put it in the buffer, so I would guess that it's not
that hard to tell Emacs to display one page of output at time but it's
just a guess...

Cheers