Re: Multi-Parent Node -2

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Multi-Parent Node -2
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:01:01 +0200

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:01 PM, aartist<aartist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Before sometime, I asked if it is possible to have multi-parent node
> in org-mode.
> The answer was 'NO' because it is a hierarchical  structure.

The answer was rather that org-mode nodes only can have one org-mode parent.

> I assume
> that with 'link' mechanism, it might be possible.

Yes, of course.

> I like to know, if it is possible to have multi-parent nodes at all in
> emacs, not restricting to org-mode.

You mean if someone already have written something for this special
type of graph? (It is kind of bidirectional trees, don't know what it
is commonly called.)

EmacsWiki is your friend then: http://www.emacswiki.org/

I went there and searched for "graph". Not very much, but maybe COGRE
and graphviz contains something useful for you. Not sure.