Re: font-lock on variables

From: Santiago Mejia
Subject: Re: font-lock on variables
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:41:02 -0500

> Hi-lock is only one library that offers such highlighting. See the generic
> wiki
> page for this topic: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HighlightTemporarily. That
> page compares the various highlighting libraries, including hi-lock, listing
> what each is good for.

As I just said in an earlier post, hi-lock is not yet working for me.  I
have managed, however, to highlight text with other packages in the page
you mentioned (such as highlight.el).  So, if anything else works, at
least I have now a solution.

However, it seems that using this procedure is not ideal.  highlight.el
does not work in connection with font-lock-mode.  It seems to me that it
would be desirable that, when one turned font-lock-mode off, all the
fontified text was unfontified.  However, using packets such as
highlight.el entails using two modes to fontify, and therefore the
fontification would not be unified.

Santiago.