Re: .emacs file

From: John A Pershing Jr
Subject: Re: .emacs file
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:49:53 -0400

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:
> On Aug 11, 11:16 am, David Moncrieff <moncrief...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could someone direct me to information concerning ".emacs" file, in
>> particular I am trying to find the location of said file under Windows
>> Vista.

As Xah has rightly noted, it looks in your "home" directory which, under
Windoze, could be any of a number of difference places.

However, I believe the normal behavior of Emacs when it starts up is to
change to (what it believes to be) your home directory.  So, in a
freshly started Emacs, if you bring up 'dired' (Ctrl-X D Return) you
should be looking at your home directory.  This is where you should put
your .emacs file.

  -jp