Re: Tramp always wants password when using cscope

From: Neil Baylis
Subject: Re: Tramp always wants password when using cscope
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:07:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 23, 11:59 pm, Michael Albinus <michael.albi...@gmx.de> wrote:

> What have you changed in xcscope.el?

Hi Michael.

Here are the diffs from the xcscope.el from the cscope-15.6 source:

1991c1991
<                   (apply 'start-process "cscope" outbuf
---
>                   (apply 'start-file-process "cscope" outbuf
2001c2001
<         (apply 'call-process cscope-program nil outbuf t options)
---
>         (apply 'process-file cscope-program nil outbuf t options)
2124c2124
<           (apply 'start-process "cscope-indexer"
---
>           (apply 'start-file-sprocess "cscope-indexer"

It seems as though xcscope is starting a new remote cscope process for
every query. This adds 10 to 20 seconds to each query, on top of the
time it takes the remote cscope to do the lookup, which is already
about 15 to 20 seconds. I changed my ssh setup to no longer require
passwords, but it still incurs these delays.