Re: Perl, etc has these "?"-prefix modifiers/codes/whatever. Precisely w

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Perl, etc has these "?"-prefix modifiers/codes/whatever. Precisely which does emacs have (and NOT have)?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:53:58 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, I was asking about Perl features in emacs' regexps.

Like all the operators with "?" prefixes.

Actually, I'm surprised someone hasn't already (years ago, even)
given some of that stuff a try.

Ilya, for instance -- he's such a whiz at implementing those
fancy regexp features for perl, making (I think) use-anywyere
libraries of them, and so on.

---

Just in passing, that Friedl book, "Mastering Regular Expressions",
is really worth having in the library.  (So you can dream of
what you could do so easily were they in emacs too!)

Thanks for all the comments!

David