Re: Using Emacs on small-display devices

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Using Emacs on small-display devices
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:11:13 -0000

>>> Let me rephrase my question then: WHICH parameters, to which values?
>> If I did not write it, it's because I didn't know it.
>> So I did what you didn't do: C-h i m elisp RET m frame paramters RET and
>> looked around.  The answer is in "29.3.3.3 Size Parameters"
> Doing this in my 21.4.1....  Nothing relevant...

That parameter didn't exist.

> Logging into a machine with 23.2, and rechecking...  Still nothing
> relevant...

It's there in "29.3.3.3 Size Parameters":

`fullscreen'
     Specify that width, height or both shall be maximized.  The value
     `fullwidth' specifies that width shall be as wide as possible.
     The value `fullheight' specifies that height shall be as tall as
     possible.  The value `fullboth' specifies that both the width and
     the height shall be set to the size of the screen.  The value
     `maximized' specifies that the frame shall be maximized.  The
     difference between `maximized' and `fullboth' is that the former
     still has window manager decorations while the latter really
     covers the whole screen.

-- Stefan