RE: random predicate function

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: random predicate function
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:04:24 -0800

> We're talking about GNU Emacs specifically.  Have you debugged macros
> there?  They are definitely not as intuitive as functions in
> the debugger.

Debug macros using `macroexpand', not the debugger.  (Just a suggestion.)

In the Emacs debugger (`debug', not `edebug'), assuming that a macro does not
itself need to be debugged, I typically hit `c' (instead of `d') to skip over
the details of its expansion.

In fact, I would prefer it if `d' did the same thing as `c' for a macro, and a
new key were available to do what `d' does now for macros.

A typical example is `dolist' in the debugger.  I hit `c' as soon as I see `#['
instead of a function name.  For `dolist' you need to do that twice: once for
`dolist' and once for its `block'.