Re: random predicate function

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: random predicate function
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:39:17 -0600

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:28:33 +0100 "Pascal J. Bourguignon"
<pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

PJB> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:20:05 +0100 "Pascal J. Bourguignon"
>> <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
>>
PJB> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> We're talking about GNU Emacs specifically.  Have you debugged macros
>> there?  They are definitely not as intuitive as functions in the debugger.

PJB> Only if you don't understand that lisp macros are exactly the same as
PJB> lisp functions.

You should really clarify if you are talking about Lisp in general or
about GNU Emacs and its Lisp implementation.  I don't know enough about
Lisp in general to say if you're right or not.  But for Emacs Lisp, I'm
positive that macros are not the same as functions, especially in the
debugger (which is where a user would see them).  See Drew's response
for practical advice on how to deal with that.

Ted