Re: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functi

From: Tim Harig
Subject: Re: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functional language to the level of FORTH ?
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 13:05:57 +0000 (UTC)

On 2011-01-03, Didier Verna <didier@lrde.epita.fr> wrote:
> Nathan <nbeenken@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Matz himself admitted that ???...Ruby is a bad rip-off of Lisp... But it
>> is nicer to ordinary people.???
>
> This misconception that you must be exceptionally clever to learn and
> use Lisp really hurts the language and the community.

What hurts the LISP community far more is the zealotry of its members,
their insistance that LISP is the *only* tool for *every* job, and their
agressiveness in trying to push it off on to everybody else -- whether
everybody else happens want it or not.  Whether this is indicitive
of the entire community or simply the result of those most apparent,
I cannot say; but, it leads to the overall impression that the LISP
community is narrowminded and neophobic.  Who would want to be part of
such a community?