Emacs improvements

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Emacs improvements
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:27:32 -1200

On my website (www.davinpearson.com) I have outlined 12 different
improvements to Emacs.  Only one of these have I submitted to the
Emacs Lisp List at DAMTP, Cambridge University, namely trashcan.el.

Would it be worthwhile to my time to submit all of my improvements to
the Emacs Lisp List?

Another thing that I thought of today is how I have made dired to
behave like Windows Explorer on steriods in the following ways:

Different files appear in different colours (e.g. folders appear in
blue, *.png appears lightmagenta, *.c appears in bold and HTML
documents appear with a yellow background.  Text documents and
fundamental mode documents appear with no decoration at all.

Pressing return on certain files such as images runs cygstart to
launch that an appropriate program much like Windows Explorer.

I have personally found Emacs' font lock support very useful and I
imagine other Emacs users would find my code helpful too.

--
Sincerely and kindest regards, Davin.
Davin Pearson    http://www.davinpearson.com