Re: Printing Prolog with the standard GNU Emacs in the Windows 7

From: Jason Earl
Subject: Re: Printing Prolog with the standard GNU Emacs in the Windows 7
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 16:54:46 -0700

On Mon, Mar 07 2011, Antti J Ylikoski wrote:

> I would like to use the GNU Emacs Prolog mode:
>
> M-x prolog-mode
>
> for developing Prolog programs.  However, this activity necessitates
> the capability to print buffers and files in the Windows 7 environment
> with the GNU Emacs, to a standard printer such as the Canon Pixma
> MP560 which I just happen to own -- preferably in Prolog mode colours.
>
> So far I have not succeeded in printing the contents of buffers, or
> files, with the standard GNU Emacs which I downloaded from the
> venerable GNU site.
>
> Could somebody help?  Even if this actually turns out to be a
> so-called simpleminded question.
>
> yours sincerely, Mr Antti J Ylikoski
> Helsinki, Finland, the E.U.
> Aalto University, HUT
> http://www.tkk.fi/~ajy/

I have no idea how you print in a Windows environment, but, assuming
that you don't do a whole lot of printing you might want to take a look
at M-x htmlize-buffer.  This generates an html representation of your
buffer including CSS for colors etc.  You can then save this HTML file
somewhere and open it in Firefox (or whatever browser you use) and print
from there.

You might also try and take a look at:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PrintingFromEmacs

I hope that's helpful.