mouse-down-2 sometimes does not paste

From: Ulrich Scholz
Subject: mouse-down-2 sometimes does not paste
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 03:25:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I'm using Gnu Emacs 23.2.1 on Kubuntu 10.10.  I often copy text by
marking it with the sequence down-mouse-1 and down-mouse-3 mouse-3
(left and right button) and inserting it with down-mouse-2 (middle
button).

Since quite some versions, inserting does not always work.  Sometimes,
the text "jumps" a bit instead, i.e., the text shown in the editor
scrolls up one line.  On the second or third try, inserting eventually
succeeds.

Does anyone know this behaviour/bug? What info should I give when
posting the bug report?

Best regards,

Ulrich