Re: mouse-down-2 sometimes does not paste

From: Ulrich Scholz
Subject: Re: mouse-down-2 sometimes does not paste
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 02:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for pointing to these interesting articles.  Unfortunately, I
don't see how they relate to my problem. If they do, please give me a
hint.

I have the problem with the X version of Emacs, not with emacs-nw.
And pasting eventually works in every instance. But sometimes not on
the first try.  Often, it takes two or more middle-clicks for
achieving a paste. But nothing else has to be done in between the
clicks. If it fails, I just try it again and have a good chance that
it works this time.

Every time a middle-click does not result in pasting, the text in the
Emacs window jumps by one line instead.

Best, Ulrich