Re: el-get question

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: el-get question
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:19:27 -0500

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:58:12 +0100 henry atting <nsmp_02@online.de> wrote:

ha> I try to make el-get work with emacs but did not succeed so
ha> far. I never used a `package manager` for emacs - and if the
ha> oh so simple el-get will not reveal its hidden simplicity I
ha> most probably never will.

ha> I started with orgmode from git which was pulled correctly
ha> as far as I can see but was never loaded after restarting emacs.
ha> Emacs sticks to the builtin version. As far as I understand
ha> it el-get should load the orgmode version under its control
ha> automatically...

ha> It would really appreciate it if anybody can provide me with an
ha> example which causes el-get to pull orgmode from git for example
ha> to ~/emacs_plus and load it automatically afterwards.

You may want to post to the el-get development mailing list (also
available on nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.el-get.devel).

Ted