using the debugger

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: using the debugger
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:18:32 +0100

I'm just learning to use the emacs debugger, and wish I'd done so a lot
earlier. There's one thing I can't figure out how to do. In many cases,
while I'm stepping through the calling of a function, it in turn calls
another function, which I don't really care about. I know what it's
going to return, I just want to get on with things, but the secondary
function is long and drawn-out and I have to hit "d" like fifty times to
get through it and back to the top-level function.

I thought "u" might be there to unstar a particular subroutine and let
me jump straight to its return, but that doesn't seem to be the case, or
else I'm using it wrong -- in any case I still have to walk through all
the gory internals of all secondary functions. Can someone tell me how I
can skip them?

Thanks!
Eric