Re: Gnus: Error on setting up IMAP accounts

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: Gnus: Error on setting up IMAP accounts
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:56:08 +0100

Okay, here's an update to some of the problems:

1) TAB-completion is not working (thanks to Julien Danjou who pointed out that
I need Emacs 24 instead of 23.*)
2) Emacs 24 (to be more precise: Emacs-pretest-24.0.91-universal-10.6.7.dmg on
http://emacsformacosx.com/builds) also clarified some of the other problems.
Suddenly, Gnus is starting quite fast, both accounts (Gmail/Microsoft Exchange
Server) are now checked for mails and can receive mails.

I haven't got time yet to set up how they can *send* mail (I briefly tried,
it's not possilbe without an additional lisp code). If someone has done this
before, I'd be happy to have some advice (especially since Tassilo pointed out
that some of the references are not updated according to the fast development
of Gnus).
1) For Gmail, there's a wikipage:  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail
2) For a Microsoft Exchange Server, I found:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4266241/using-gnus-within-emacs-to-access-mail-from-microsoft-exchange2010
Not sure if 1) and 2) are helpful, though. I'll try.

Cheers,

Marius