Very slow redrawing when several windows in one frame

From: julien Barnier
Subject: Very slow redrawing when several windows in one frame
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 14:18:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm using the emacs-snaphot packages of emacs 24 under Debian.

One thing I've noticed is that as soon as I've got several windows opened in
one frame, window redrawing begin to be very slow (and the more open windows,
the slower it is). Any operation that requires a bit of redrawing (window
switching, minibuffer height change, etc.) is slow.

I asked on the #emacs IRC channel, and at least one other person had noticed
the same thing. I've tried with a "vanilla", so it seems it doesn't come from
my setup.

Is it a known bug ? Is there a workaround ?

Thanks in advance for any hint,

--
Julien