Emacs users a dying breed?

From: S Boucher
Subject: Emacs users a dying breed?
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 19:32:26 -0700 (PDT)

I've been using emacs since as far back as 18.59.  Still use it daily.

However, I often wonder where Emacs is heading.  Most places I work, I'm in the minority - and that's an understatement - as an Emacs user.

I learned Lisp because of Emacs and it's a cool language, but almost no one cares to learn Lisp.

I can't live without Emacs, but in some areas Emacs tend to be lacking.

As I just noticed that Emacs 24 is now stable it still amazes me that there's still a lot of development going on, considering my sense of isolation as an Emacs user, and the impression that Emacs users is a dying breed.

Since this is a help group, am I required to end with a question mark? :-)

Regards,