Re: Emacs freezes every now and then on my windows 7 pc

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs freezes every now and then on my windows 7 pc
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 19:53:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, 3 August 2012 22:10:09 UTC+8, Drew Adams  wrote:

> No, this degree of volatility is not expected, if expectation is based on
> past
> experience.  This is not near the mean (or median or mode) of the frequency
> distribution, in my guesstimation.

You are comparing development on the trunk shortly after the release of a major
version, when everyone commits the changes they've had on hold for the last
year or so, and goes crazy with "trivial" cleanup changes (which are probably
the cause of much of the disruption), with the situation over the last year or
so where the focus has been on making 24.1 stable for release.