Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:15:36 +0000 (UTC)

Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@...> writes:

> Going to the beginning of the diff buffer and hitting TAB, does indeed moves
> over every hunk, in turn, and refines the differences at the same time.

My function does the same, so I can't explain why it
does not work for you when you call it from M-x.

I guess you also use Emacs 24, so it's not about an old emacs version
behaving differently.

> BTW, how do you explain that your cursor is not at the end of the buffer, in
> your case, after the refine process?

I use save-excursion in the function which puts the cursor back to
where it was before the function was called.

I don't know why it is at the end of the buffer for you. There are
some emacs gurus on this list. Hopefully some of them will chime in
and helps you to solve this mistery, because I'm out of ideas.