Re: Emacs vs Scrivener

From: Susan Cragin
Subject: Re: Emacs vs Scrivener
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:37:04 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

>Has anyone tried out Scrivener? I'm curious if does anything (substantive)that
>Emacs cannot do.

I have tried it. It's strengths are its user-friendly non-computer-literate
interface and print-friendly functions.

If you have Linux there is a free downloadable version. I think there is a
30-day trial for other systems.

I used it for a while and went back to emacs. Emacs is fine if you know the
basic procedure for writing a book, and if you are familiar with org commands.