Re: Get rid of free variable warning from other packages?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Get rid of free variable warning from other packages?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:35:31 -0600

Steven Degutis wrote:
> ...  Is there a way to disable the warning that says I'm setqing a
> free variable?

Search for use of "eval-after-load" and you will find much discussion.

For example I routinely do things like this:

(eval-after-load 'text-mode
  (add-hook 'text-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              (abbrev-mode 1)
              (auto-fill-mode 1))))

I think you should be able to map that example into something useful
for your mode case.

> Or better yet, is there a better way to set a variable that belongs to
> another package, only when my minor-mode is enabled, and have it reverted
> back when my minor-mode is disabled?

Most configuration variables are already buffer local.

  http://emacswiki.org/emacs/BufferLocalVariable

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Creating-Buffer_002dLocal.html

Bob