Re: Printing questions concerning lpr-switches and printer-name

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Printing questions concerning lpr-switches and printer-name
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 22:04:00 +0200

Am 22.05.2013 um 21:21 schrieb Marius Hofert:

> 2) I would like to print files of certain types (like .c, .R) by 'a2ps'
> instead of 'lpr'. How can this be dealt with (or is again the best
> solution to adjust the print command manually [in this case completely
> replace it]?).

You could use an universal shell or Perl or Python or whatever script that
handles the printing based on their extension and on internal rules…

In GNU Emacs you can also set lpr-command. Why not press f1, f2, f3, with
modifiers, to select a printer and modify its way of printing?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop
thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
                                – Georges W. Bush