Re: Tried to bind Ctrl-c and to kill-ring-save (i.e. copy) and it *somet

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Tried to bind Ctrl-c and to kill-ring-save (i.e. copy) and it *sometimes* doesn't work with mouse!?!? Very confusing
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 01:32:08 +0200

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> I don't like cua mode either and I dread the inevitable day when
> it becomes the Emacs default setting.  I have no problem with
> people using word for an editor ...

Word is usually called a "word processor", because it liters the
files with metadata and format codes. (But, I suppose you could
set it to output plain text files, in what case I can't see how it
should not be considered an editor, in part. A lousy one, but
still.)

> ... because using other editors does not affect me.  Right up
> until I am overwhelmed by users of other editors who cause
> changes to my editor which does affect me.  Sigh.

I *do* have a problem that people use Word and the like. The end
result is never good. They don't enjoy writing it, and they don't
care to make it look good. (I guess this is OK, because I don't
have to write, or read it.) But, all this misery makes for
unhappy, frustrated people. They don't want to do fun things with
me, because all their energies are consumed being frustrated and
angry (or apathetic) at work: with Word, Outlook, and Access. It
really stinks :(

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573