Re: Detect window switches?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Detect window switches?
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:45:47 +0300

> From: Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com>
> Date: 26 Sep 2013 02:50:53 GMT
>
> What I'd like to do is remove a highlight from a buffer or change its
> appearance when said buffer is not current, and restore it when it
> becomes current again. Similar to what happens to the cursor in a window
> that is not selected.

OK, but the requirements are still not clear.  First, what do you mean
by "remove a highlight from a buffer", and what "change in its
appearance" did you have in mind?  And second, what if the same buffer
is displayed in more than one window?  Finally, why the differences in
the mode-line appearance are not already what you want?