Re: Emacs mailreader that doesn't move the spool

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Emacs mailreader that doesn't move the spool
Date: 23 Oct 2013 19:40:26 GMT

Damien Wyart wrote:
> - having a local IMAP server (cleaner solution I think) and use the IMAP
>   layers of mutt and Gnus to access it. As IMAP is fully supported in
>   the MUAs you quote, this is the safest and most flexible solution.

Another option would be to use offlineimap or mbsync to sync your mail
on the server with a local maildir. You can then use any mail client
that understands the local mail box format (mbox, maildir).

Personally, I use mu4e to read mail inside Emacs, but I've previously
used mutt. mu4e requires mail to be in maildir format and mutt handles
that just fine, so if I wanted to, I could access my mail from mutt as
well. I used to do that when I was still in the process of switching
from mutt to mu4e, but I haven't found any need for quite some time now.

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)