Re: Should delete-window switch to next buffer when there is only one wi

From: Peter
Subject: Re: Should delete-window switch to next buffer when there is only one window?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:16:18 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:30:57 AM UTC+11, Ernest Adrogué wrote:
> Hi.
>

> Currently if you attempt to delete an only window, the following message
>
> shows up
>

> Attempt to delete minibuffer or sole ordinary window
>

> I think that perhaps it would be better if it switched buffers instead.
>
> What do you think?

No, I think it is doing the right thing. It doesn't make any sense for YOUR
code to delete the only window that exists. If it just switched buffers (to
what? what rule should apply in this case? A random buffer selection?) then it
isn't doing what you requested - which is to delete the window.

I think a bit more thought on your side should be applied rather than
suggesting that Emacs behaviour change to suit you.