Re: Problems with KDE and Clipboard.

From: nljlistbox2
Subject: Re: Problems with KDE and Clipboard.
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:14:31 -0800 (PST)

On Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:37:56 AM UTC-4, alexandr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Le mercredi 26 septembre 2012 14:34:03 UTC+2, Ian Barton a écrit :
>
>> Since upgrading to Emacs 24, I have been having problems copy/pasting
>> between Emacs and other X applications. I am using Archlinux with KDE
>> and my emacs is:
>>
>> GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
>>   of 2012-08-28 on shaun
>>
>> Symptoms:
>> When I first start emacs I can copy/paste between something like Chrome
>> and Emacs without a problem. However, after a while items I select from
>> Klipper are not pasted into Emacs, but the last item from the Kill ring
>> gets pasted instead. If I restart Emacs it works as I would expect for a
>> certain number of copy pastes, but then the problem re-occurs.
>>
>> Ian.
>
> After a year, did you resolve your problem ? I'am interested since still
> suffering from the same problem.
>
> Alexandre

Well, (in a way) I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I have it
with GNU Emacs 24.3.1 on Fedora 19 and Gnome and enquired about it on this
group on 2013-11-21 ("Intermittent problems with cut/copy and paste (using CUA
keys) between Emacs and other programs") where I asked how to go about tracking
down the bug, but got no response to that.

After Emacs has been running for a few days the problem starts to occur and I
have both the OP's problem of Emacs failing to paste from the system clipboard
and the reverse problem of Emacs failing to place cut/copied items into the
system clipboard.

I've found that I don't have to restart Emacs to clear the problem; I can clear
it (for a while) with a few copy/paste operations within Emacs. Of course that
barely mitigates the problem.

As I use Emacs to compose emails / news posts that and then have to be pasted
into web-based news/mail interfaces, this bug is a frequent annoyance.

I'd very much like to hear anyone's suggestions for tracking down the cause of
the issue.

N. Jackson.