Re: Cannot connect to some hosts using tramp

From: Angus Comber
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to some hosts using tramp
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 09:49:23 +0100

I would really like to get this to work.

I have no special tramp config in my emacs file.  So I could play with
that.  I did have a go with various options but nothing seemed to work.

I am wondering if I need to set a default username in putty?  I have seen
notes on Pageant???  Maybe I need to configure or do something with that.

I am also on a fairly old version of emacs, 23.3.1, so I can try the latest
version.  I did try that too, and for some reason it looked like default
was to use FTP because I always so a message indicating FTP was being used.

And I am running Windows which probably doesn't help either, Windows 7.
 Can't do anything about that though.

Any suggestions as good places to start would be greatly appreciated.

Angus