Re: Learning "my emacs" from the start

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Learning "my emacs" from the start
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 12:39:50 +0200

() Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
() Sun, 20 Apr 2014 11:06:23 +0300

   > leave many hundreds of commands alone, especially for the more
   > obscure and complex, less frequently used modes and packages not
   > worth taking the time to customize.

   Alas, there's no practical way of discovering which is which.  If
   you intended to go over all of the commands provided by Emacs, then
   that's impractical, as there are too many of them, even if you
   restrict yourself to the default configuration.  IOW, the way you
   intend to take is much longer and less efficient than what was
   suggested to you.

I agree OP's way is impractical and inefficient, but that doesn't mean
it is impossible or undesirable.  It's no problem for people to scope
out the joint before joining the party; the door is always open and the
Software is (as always, thank GNU very much) Free.  Too, some sidewalk
spectacle is its own reward, and keeps the puke out of the punchbowl...

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502