Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:48:30 +0200

() Hans BKK <hansbkk@gmail.com>
() Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:51:23 -0700 (PDT)

   I'm not sure what may have given the impression
   I intended to do that 'shaking up the big sack thing'

Well, here is one fragment that gives that impression:

   It's true I don't intend to DO, but definitely plan
   to select/create STUFF that won't interfere [...]

the key word being "won't" ≡ "will not".  The gist is that you choose to
partition your interaction w/ Emacs into two temporal phases.  Setting
up the latter phase while still in the former is the "shaking up" part.
The "sack" part is because you represent yourself as outside, even now,
and seem to enjoy selectively-binding (yuk yuk) the membrane.  The "big"
part is because Emacs is a multiverse ameoba, more oozing than snoozing.

(NB: This is not a criticism, just mawkish pining for a.r.emacs -- feel
free to ignore.)

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502