Re: tutorial for rmail and IMAP

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: tutorial for rmail and IMAP
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 16:11:23 +0100

Sam Halliday <sam.halliday@gmail.com> writes:
> I gave up trying to use movemail for IMAP access as it just doesn't
> seem to work at all for me, even on the command line.

Sam and discussed this off-list.  I can't access my gmail account using
movemail either.  I enabled IMAP in google settings first.  After that
the command below should work, as far as I can see.

movemail -p 'imap://mygmail.address%40gmail.com@imap.gmail.com'
         Test.mbox password

The connection times out.  I tried adding "--tls" and I tried converting
the dots in my email address to %2s.  I also tried putting the port at
the end of the imap URL, ":993", if I do that I get "Input/output error"
instead of a timeout.  Sam gets a different error "Invalid reply from
the remote host".

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

BR,
Robert Thorpe