Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:53:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:58:39 PM UTC-4, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> OK, I'll make this more simple:

> When you wrote the above paragraph, what program did
you use?

> And when you sent the mail (or post), again, what
program did you use?

> That simple.

> If you are using Emacs, in a way you are doing the right thing, but actually
> everything will be clear in time, so you can just relax :)

> If you are not using Emacs, and instead are using Vim and Thunderbird or
> something like that - you should either 1) stop doing that, or 2) join
> newsgroups/listbots for *those* applications - what's the purpose theorizing
> about an application you don't even use?

I may very well end up using emacs for dozens of different functions without
ever using it for email or usenet.

You're really telling newbies they have to start straight off using emacs for
everything it's capable of doing before they've learned anything about the
environment itself via their own approach?