Re: RTF for emacs

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 21:16:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:33:28 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> But if I had to do those short documents (and couldn't use plain
> text) I would want something that still isn't "compiled".

There's html along with html editors like mozilla.

> I would want to see the changes instantly as I make them, otherwise
> it would be complete torture to produce any quantity of such
> documents. I don't know if Org-mode does that, probably.

Org is heaven for people who think like programmers.
And by 'think like a programmer' I mean thinking structurally rather
than presentationally and looking for a way to batch-mode boring
repetitious activities.
And of course batch-mode and wysiwig are not compatible.
Yes org will compress links and in general nesting (headings) structure
but its focus is always on structure, not presentation.

For the presentation you need to call export -- a keystroke away.
Analogous to a programmer calling the compiler

If that is not to your taste then as I said use html.
Yeah org has nifty export-to-html. But its uni-directional.

Just like a C compiler can produce assembly.
I can edit the assembly if I like but its not possible to go
back from modified assembly to correspondingly changed C.

Of course the same situation obtains for latex.
One can go from latex to pdf and then edit the pdf in acrobat or some such.
This is so ridiculously hard that no one even thinks of it!