Re: RTF for emacs

From: regcl
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:35:54 -0400

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> As others have mentioned I'll try Org and Markdown too.

I have used both. If you want the emacs-centric solution, I highly
recommend org mode, which I found was easy to get started with and much
more scaleable in terms of leveraging emacs. FWIW, my primary
motivation for markdown was Github, but now Github handles org mode, so
I no longer need markdown.

I recently completed a medical journal manuscript using org mode with R
computation results flowing up into the document. I successfully shared
many intermediate results with colleges in PDF along the way and the
final draft via MSword.