Re: a dark theme?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: a dark theme?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 01:02:47 +0200

Sauli Heinola <sheinola@riseup.net> writes:

> With a recent enough Emacs version you can look at
> them yourself - Emacs 24.3 ships with 13 themes out
> the box: /usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/themes

Ha! The adwaita-theme only has 70 lines of face
settings. I have 94 and I didn't even know the concept
of theme until now... But when I load-file my faces
from the state of a previous built-in theme, there are
remnants of the old order so my "theme" is nonetheless
incomplete, it seems.

> Custom themes use the `deftheme'-macro to create
> themes and are, as you stated, "just a list of
> faces".  Have a whack at M-x
> `customize-create-theme'.

OK. There was a guy on this list - Jambunathan K - who
was in contact with another guy who did Emacs "suites"
with skeletons of Emacs configuration to appeal
to/offer a head start to certain personalities and
expected usage (as in bright-on-black, programming,
Gnus, and so on) - I don't know what happened to them
and that project, or if they even included faces, but
they should as Gnus for example is dead boring without
some makeup.

--
underground experts united