Re: a dark theme?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: a dark theme?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 04:57:41 +0100

> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:
>
>> Yes I use Gnus, but I'm still learning about it and
>> tweaking it to get better performance. There is no
>> "gmail interface", just downloading From gmail
>> servers like this in my .gnus ...  auto-creates its
>> own mail folders to mirror the source gmail. Then its
>> just treated like any other email.
>>
>> But this is the "killer-code" which makes it possible
>> to read emails From gmail ...
>
> Yeah, but isn't that a contradiction in terms...? If it
> is just fetched from the gmail servers and treated like
> any other mail, why should you need any killer code at
> all? Why isn't the ordinary gnus- and message- faces at
> play? But feel free to drop this anytime as I don't use
> gmail myself and even my super-human curiosity is
> starting to wane...

But without that "killer-code" its almost impossible to read emails
generated in google-groups in your gmail-inbox as they have a light
background and an almost light text if you're using a theme with a black
or grey background.

I don't understand exactly what the code does or how it works, but
having it in my .gnus has made the unintelligible gmail emails
intelligible!

And that’s all I'm going to say on it :)

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1