Re: Feeling lost without tabs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Feeling lost without tabs
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 02:29:40 +0200

Dan Espen <despen@verizon.net> writes:

>> Could you just short say what the differences are
>> and how you experience them to be better? I never
>> used `electric-buffer-list' but it looks kind of the
>> same at first glance.
>
> Yes, it does, but in each way it differs, it's
> better.  It's been so long since I switched that I
> can't enumerate the differences.

OK, I like `buffer-menu' because it replaces the whole
window where the command is given. (But I take it that
can be configured for `list-buffers' and the
`electric-buffer-list' as well.) But I've spent some
time configuring the `buffer-menu', and I have no
complaints, so I won't switch, but it is interesting
that at least three so alike solutions to do more or
less the same thing are shipped with Emacs. Not that I
mind, let a thousand flowers bloom... But normally you
don't see that.

--
underground experts united