Re: more LaTeX (was: Re: emacs and beginning of lines)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: more LaTeX (was: Re: emacs and beginning of lines)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 23:55:16 +0200

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

> No, I mean that with some documents it might be
> non-obvious whether the fragment the point is in is a
> text or programming one.

No, I understood, but that is the only way it could be
possible. How else?

But I think this might be a non-problem in practice. I
did lots of homepages and I never experienced this as a
problem. And I don't remember ever thinking of it
either, so it really cannot be a problem.

Perhaps when you do <html> tags you kind of are
inclined to add new rows to reflect structure, so those
rows never overflow the fill-column. Then when you
start to type the contents of the file, and you get
auto filling as usual.

Or perhaps I just enabled/disabled auto-filling -
usually, setting up the structure is fast. Writing the
contents take more time. It is not unthinkable to do
the <html> without filling, then switch it on and start
to type.

And that would work for LaTeX as well. So perhaps this
isn't a problem after all.

Never heard of LuaTeX but it doesn't supprise me because
Lua seems to be like a "glue" language (perhaps as Perl
used to be) that just appears and sticks between the
bigger and bulkier building blocks...

--
underground experts united