inhibit-modification-hooks set to t globally

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: inhibit-modification-hooks set to t globally
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:42:19 +0200

Hello,

It sometimes happen that my fontification doesn't work correctly
anymore. Until now I had never tried to understand why, and simply
restarted emacs. Now, I finally took a few minutes to understand : at
least this time, inhibit-modification-hooks was globally set to t.
Reverting that to nil fixed the problem.

Any idea how I can find what caused inhibit-modification-hooks to be
globally t ?

Thanks

--
Nicolas Richard