Re: Parsing

From: Bix
Subject: Re: Parsing
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:28:01 +0100

> Bix <spam@nothing.invalid> writes:
>
>> Hi, googling around I found that one suggested
>> method for parsing is to use Senator, but so far I
>> find the documentation a bit complicated for me and
>> not very clear. It's probably my limitation, I'm
>> using ANTLR on other context.
>
> What do you want to parse? (Or even better: what
> problem do you want to solve?)
>
> Are we talking parsing as in CS compiler design or
> just putting together a bunch of commands with pipes
> in between? Or extracting data from some markup? Or
> what?

I like to convert a test file that pertain to some grammar into
the relative AST, so I think that parsing as in CS  compiler design is the
closer description, but I may be wrong.
Then I need some api to navigate the AST generated, or more simple do
some walking on the AST generated.

Kindest Regards.
Bix.