Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question now Unicode

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question now Unicode
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:46:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 9:16:21 PM UTC+5:30, Dan Espen wrote:
> There are thousands of these crazy symbols and around 100 keys on my
> keyboard.  Only a few of those keys have more than 1 label.

Ive not seen your keyboard. Yet am ready to bet that for your keyboard:
- There is a key whose 'label' looks like 'A'
- There is no key whose label looks like 'a'
- Yet when you type that key you get an 'a' not an 'A'
- That there is no way using your keyboard to get a 'a' with a single-keystroke

[Also I bet you've heard of an editor named after the chord-chars
Escape-Meta-Alt-Control-Shift
]

In short...

> How am I supposed to remember how to type all this stuff?

You are already using an 'input-method' any-which-how already.
Inside emacs you are using probably hundreds of chords and chord-sequences that
are completely un-memonic – What the hell does C-x C-c have to do with
terminating?
And what about the 4-char-chord M-C-S-% for query-replace-regexp ?

We can use more sophisticated ones for richer charsets (if we wish)

tl;dr
US-104 ≠ ASCII