Re: recenter and visual-line-mode

From: Milan Stanojević
Subject: Re: recenter and visual-line-mode
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 19:29:48 -0400

Btw, I get slightly different output if I ran emacs in terminal, i.e.
emacs -Q -nw
A was on 1, after recenter it is on 1
B was on 1, after recenter it is on 1
C was on 1, after recenter it is on 1
D was on 1, after recenter it is on 0
E was on 1, after recenter it is on 0
F was on 1, after recenter it is on 0
G was on 1, after recenter it is on 0
H was on 1, after recenter it is on 0

which I think confirms my suspicion because in terminal mode the last
character on the long line is backslash, so D is moved down, whereas
in graphical mode instead of backslash the fringe is used as an
indicator that logical line is too long.