Re: starting the emacs daemon using init.org?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: starting the emacs daemon using init.org?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:28:26 +0100

> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:
>
>> I've been thinking about running emacs as a daemon
>> to quicken my loadup times and also able to recover
>> quickly when emacs crashes and restarts. But how?
>
> My Emacs takes 2-3 seconds to start on a moderately
> fast machine, and I have 75 init files!
>
> Emacs shouldn't crash, ever. Mine doesn't, ever, so
> yours shouldn't either. Otherwise it just wouldn't
> be fair!
>
> So:
>
>     1. Does your Emacs really take that long to start?

'fraid so! I've never actually timed it, but I am sitting waiting for it
to be in a useable state.

>     2. In which situations does it crash?

Usually when I'm writing in latex, and suddenly, in the blink of an eye,
its gone! So far I haven't lost any data on restarting. but it is an
annoyance.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.0, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.5.50.3