Re: a mildly featured todo manager?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: a mildly featured todo manager?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 21:15:39 +0200

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

Hi Ian,

> I hope to manage my todo list with emacs.  I see todo-mode.el which is
> too simple (in particular, no concept of dependencies between tasks)
> and org-mode which is far too complex and featureful (in particular it
> messes with diary which I _do not_ want, to me these are quite
> separate applications).

I think org can include your diary entries in its agenda buffers but
that's optional.  And I'm pretty sure it doesn't mess with your diary in
the sense that it would write to your diary file or something like that.

> Is there anything in between?

The EmacsWiki lists some alternatives although I don't know how
well-maintained those are.  I think org-mode has pretty much taken over
everything else in that category.

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryTodo

Bye,
Tassilo