Re: a mildly featured todo manager?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: a mildly featured todo manager?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 21:33:41 +0200

On 2015-07-26, at 17:52, Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> wrote:

> I hope to manage my todo list with emacs.  I see todo-mode.el which is
> too simple (in particular, no concept of dependencies between tasks) and
> org-mode which is far too complex and featureful (in particular it
> messes with diary which I _do not_ want, to me these are quite separate
> applications).
>
> Is there anything in between?

I don't know.  However, Org-mode shouldn't mess with your diary unless
explicitly asked to.  (I don't know that for sure, since I don't use the
diary, but one of the design goals of Org-mode is not to impose any
feature on a user not wanting it, and it does it really well.)

Also, do not fear the complexity of Org - due to the design goal
mentioned above, you could just ignore the more advanced features and
treat it as a simple todo-list manager.  Though the fear that Org-mode
will gradually creep into your brain and take over more and more of your
life (starting with its digital part) may be legitimate;-).

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University