Re: req-package

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: req-package
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 01:46:22 -0700

>> I'm not sure about pull requesting to use package, because its author
>> wanted to keep use package simple, last time I talked to him.

> Maybe we could try to involve him into this discussion once again as your
> initial feature with dependency/order management and now this one would
> absolutely blow away the plain naked `use-package'. As I said before, plain
> `use-package' is just sugar and convenience rather than a "smart" tool for
> package management.

I believe there are ways we can integrate the development, while allow the
feature work to proceed separately. This is partly why I re-designed
use-package in 2.0: so new functionality would not require maintenance (by me)
in core, since others rely on features that I never use, and hence would never
test.

So I'd love to examine whether req-package and use-package can be integrated,
such that we each work on our respective parts, while users can benefit from
both.

John