Re: kill-region without modifying the kill ring

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: kill-region without modifying the kill ring
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 01:41:12 +0100

jorge.alfaro-murillo@yale.edu (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:
> If you will be yanking that text a lot, to save keystrokes record
> a macro: F3 C-x r i 1 <enter> F4, and then use F4 from then on.

That's what I would do.  Another possibility is to do F3 M-x
delete-region RET F4.  Then with F4 temporarily bound to delete region
use it for deletions.  I think using registers is better though, because
it means you can use all of the usual forms of killing M-w, M-DEL, M-d,
C-k, etc.

In situations like this it's also useful to use registers for
navigation.

BR,
Robert Thorpe